Forgiving someone. Sometimes the most difficult thing to do in your life. If someone has caused you pain or injustice then forgiving someone is the hardest thing to do. Because often another person doesn’t deserve forgiveness at all. But is forgiving something you give to someone else. Or to yourself?
Desmond Tutu once said, “Forgiveness is something you do for yourself.” Get inspired by these quotes about forgiveness from other famous people.
- Forgiveness is not saying that the one who hurt you was right. Forgiveness is stating that God is faithful and he will do what is right.
2. If we really want to love we must learn to forgive.
3. If I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I would still be in prison.
4. You should never be too proud to ask for forgiveness.
5. To forgive is for your own good. As long as you stay angry, the other will continue to win.
6. Practicing forgiveness does not mean accepting wrong doing.
7. Forgiveness is setting the prisoner free only to find out that the prisoner was me.
Corrie ten Boom (check her full story here)
8. Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.
9. Always forgive your enemies nothing annoys them so much.
10. True forgiveness is when you can say: “Thank you for the experience.”
There is one person in history who has said more about forgiveness than anyone else: Jesus. Read Jesus’ top 10 statements on forgiveness here and be inspired by his special view on forgiveness. Not only on forgiveness of others, but also forgiveness for yourself.
Struggling with forgiveness or want to share your story? You can always talk it through with one of our e-coaches. Please fill in the contact form.
Join Our Telegram Group : Salvation & Prosperity